- Quick Database Guide
- Government Information Research
- Other Government Document Collections
- Reference and Instructional Services
- Hours of Service
Government Information Resources
- Databases for Government Information: A - Z List
- Research Guides
- Infomine: Internet Resources (http://infomine.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/search?govpub)
- USA.gov Reference Center (http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Reference_Shelf.shtml)
- Federal and State Tax Forms
- Citing Government and Internet Resources
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
About Government Information
Featured Government Information Databases
Note: Contact us for assistance locating citations from these and other databases. Government publications, particularly specialized publications such as treaties, legal materials, or numbered monographs, may not be listed individually in the catalog.
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use Only
- Click on VPN to access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
- Congressional Quarterly Library (http://library.cqpress.com/) VPN
- Includes CQResearcher, an invaluable source of background information and research summaries and CQ Weekly Report reporting on Congressional activities and political developments.
- GPO Access (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/)
- Free electronic access, funded by the Federal Depository Library Program, to federal legislative, executive, judicial, and regulatory full-text materials. Includes text of Congressional bills, reports and documents, catalog of government publications, Supreme Court opinions, General Accountability Office reports, Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations, Statutes and U.S. Code.
- HeinOnline (http://heinonline.org/HOL/Welcome?collection=journals) VPN
- Full-text database of U.S. legal periodicals. Includes the Federal Register since 1936, treaties, Supreme Court opinions, and opinions of the Attorney General.
- Online access is made available by the UC Davis Law Libray.
- Lexis/Nexis Academic (http://www.lexisnexis.com/us/lnacademic/) VPN
- Includes a wide range of U.S. and foreign newspapers, plus transcripts of television and radio news programs. Business resources include business articles, accounting literature, company financial information. Legal resources include state and federal laws and regulations, a full range of case law, and law review articles. Provides full-text access to nearly 6,000 individual titles.
- Lexis/Nexis Congressional (http://web.lexis-nexis.com/congcomp/) VPN
- Detailed full-text indexing from 1789 forwards for publications of Congress: documents, reports, hearings, laws and regulations, plus legislative histories and information on members of Congress; full-text coverage varies.
- National Journal (http://www.nationaljournal.com/) VPN
- Comprehensive resource on politics and policy. Includes: National Journal (non-partisan weekly journal), Almanac of American Politics, The Hotline, Ad spotlight (tracks televised political ads), CongressDaily, Markup reports (committee meetings on key bills), Technology Daily, Poll Track, Earlybird (the morning's top news), and Daybook (schedules of House, Senate and other events).
- NTIS (National Technical Information Service) (http://www.csa.com/htbin/dbrng.cgi?username=davis&access=davis856&cat=ntis) VPN
- The National Technical Information Service (NTIS) is the central source for the public sale of U.S. Government-sponsored research, development, and engineering reports.
- SourceOECD (http://new.sourceoecd.org/) VPN
- Access to the full text of all publications of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), including the ability to view and download OECD statistical data.
- United Nations ODS (Official Document System) (http://documents.un.org/)
- Comprises the full text of all United Nations parliamentary documents, including resolutions and decisions issued at United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations Office at Geneva since 1993 (with selected earlier coverage), and at the United Nations Office at Vienna since 1997, as well as documents from the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific beginning in 1997.
- United Nations Treaty Collection (http://treaties.un.org/Home.aspx) VPN
- The United Nations Treaty Collection includes the Status of Multilateral Treaties Deposited with the Secretary-General, United Nations Treaty Series, the League of Nations Treaty Series, Texts of Recently Deposited Multilateral Treaties, and the United Nations Treaty Series Cumulative Index.
- Online access is made available by the UC Davis Law Library.
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set [viaNewsBank] (http://uclibs.org/PID/42461) VPN
- The U.S. Congressional Serial Set, 1817-1980, represents reports, documents, and journals of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, originally published in approximately 13,800 bound volumes.
- World Development Indicators (http://ddp-ext.worldbank.org/ext/DDPQQ/member.do?method=getMembers&userid=1&queryId=6) VPN
- The WDI database of development data from the World Bank contains over 600 time-series indicators for 208 countries and 18 country groups. Data covers 1960 to current (when available), and offers charting and data export formats. Indicators include statistics on national and per capita income, trade, health, environment, and other measures of development.
- The World Bank also maintains a free site, Data Query (http://ddp-ext.worldbank.org/ext/DDPQQ/member.do?method=getMembers&userid=1&queryId=135), which offers a smaller set of WDI indicators and five years of data, but uses a similar data retrieval system as WDI Online.