More Circulation Information:
- General Information
- Abuse of Library Privileges
- Confidentiality of Records
- Lending Regulations
- Responsibilities of Borrowers
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- My Account/Renew Books
- Activate your Library Card
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Scholarly Communication
Shields Carrel Request Form
Patrons will be emailed within one week of application regarding carrel availability.
Faculty Studies Rules
The policy governing the use of space in the Library assigned for limited periods to faculty, students, and staff has been established with the approval of the Academic Senate Library Committee. The controlled use of this space is essential to allow as wide a use as possible of the limited number of studies and carrels.
- Faculty studies are available to members of the Academic Senate and to research titles of the Academic Federation. Emeriti faculty are eligible for studies. Retired staff, visiting scholars, and appointees "without salary" are not eligible for studies.
- Faculty studies are assigned for research-centered projects requiring use and storage of significant amounts of library material. Faculty studies are not intended for use as study or office space.
- Assignments are made throughout the year, and all study assignments expire June 30. If there are a reasonable number of vacancies, renewals will be allowed. If a waiting list develops, those who have had studies the longest will be asked to relinquish their studies.
- Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis with a waiting list kept in chronological order.
- Double assignments to a single study will be made if requested by both parties.
- Library materials kept in faculty studies must be checked out in accordance with library regulations. Materials not checked out will be removed from studies and re-shelved. Library staff inspects studies regularly. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of the study.
- The Library is not responsible for theft or damage of personal materials or library materials in the studies.
- Food, drink in un-approved containers, and smoking are not permitted.
- Calendars, posters, and similar material should not be affixed to walls or doors of the faculty studies. It is a violation of safety regulations to cover the window of a study in such a manner as to obstruct vision.
- Loss of keys is subject to replacement costs, plus a non-refundable processing fee.
- Internet access will be via the wireless network.